The Appraisal Institute with headquarters in Chicago is one of the leading professional organisations for real estate appraisers with more than 17,000 members in almost 50 countries. The most important goals of the Appraisal Institute are to standardise appraisal processes, to ensure continuous training of its members and to maintain high ethical standards in real estate valuation.
The Appraisal Institute is seen as the leading provider of education and knowledge regarding real estate valuation. It publishes numerous books and technical magazines. Magazines include The Appraisal Journal, Valuation magazine and Appraiser News Online. Additionally, Appraisal Institute publishes more than 60 books about valuation theory and practice.
Appraisal Institute Professionals residing outside the United States receive a 25% discount on annual fees and dues as well as 30% off all Appraisal Institute education.
The following affiliations are available for HypZert members:
Designated Membership includes those completing designation requirements and holding AI Designations such as MAI, SRA, AI-GRS and AI-RRS. After obtaining Designated membership, individuals are required to comply with Designated member AI Continuing Education requirements every five-years.
Candidates for Designation are individuals seeking Designated membership. Eligibility requirements for HypZert members seeking MAI Designated membership follow below.
Practicing Affiliates are individuals interested in affiliation with the Appraisal Institute but not ready or perhaps interested in pursuing designated membership. Open to all valuers of real property including those seeking licensure or certification.
Affiliates are individuals interested in real property valuation who do not value real property.
Eligibility Requirements for HypZert Members
To attain the Appraisal Institute MAI Designation; one must have the HypZert Certification CIS HypZert (F) in good standing; then become a general Candidate of the Appraisal Institute and satisfy the requirements listed below within a four year timeframe.
- College Degree requirement.
- Within the first twelve (12) months after being admitted to candidacy program
- AI Business Practices and Ethics Course; and
- If practicing solely outside the United States – provide proof of completing your most current International Valuation Standards (IVS) course or Appraisal Institute Introduction to International Valuation Standards Overview.
- General Comprehensive Examination requirement; and
- General Demonstration of Knowledge requirement.
- Specialized Experience requirement
- AI Membership Application.
Members receive many benefits among the most sought-after are:
- Exclusive access to the Lum Library, a world class research library.
- Listing in AI’s Find an Appraiser database that lists appraisers from all over the world.
- Access to AI online education at the discounted member price.
- Complimentary subscriptions the Appraisal Journal and Valuation Magazine.
- Discounts on Professional Practice Tools.
- Networking and Leadership Opportunities.
For more information about joining the Appraisal Institute, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.